Learn how to reset Pixelmator Pro and send us the Pixelmator Pro preferences for investigation.
You can reset Pixelmator Pro automatically by downloading and running this script on your Mac. If you'd like to reset Pixelmator Pro manually, you can also follow the steps below.
1. Find the Pixelmator Pro preferences folder
First, quit Pixelmator Pro (Pixelmator > Quit Pixelmator Pro). After that, open the Finder and choose Go > Go to Folder. Paste the following path: ~/Library/Group Containers
2. Move the Pixelmator Pro preferences folder to the desktop
In the Group Containers folder, find the folder called '4R6749AYRE.com.pixelmator' and drag this folder onto your Desktop.
Deleting the 4R6749AYRE.com.pixelmator folder resets your custom brushes, gradients, and shape presets to default. To save your custom content, follow these steps:
- Open the 4R6749AYRE.com.pixelmator folder on your desktop
- Open Library > Application Support
- Copy the com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x folder to any other location on your Mac to save it. You will be able to import it back later.
3. Send us the Pixelmator Pro preferences for investigation.
If you'd like to send the Pixelmator Support team your preference files to help fix an issue, follow the instructions in this step. Otherwise, you can move on to step 4.
You'll need to compress the 4R6749AYRE.com.pixelmator folder on your desktop to make it easier to email. To do that, Control-click it and choose Compress. Email this zip file to us at email@example.com.
If the file is too large to be attached to your email, follow these steps:
- Open upload.pixelmator.com
- Click the Choose Files button
- Select 4R6749AYRE.com.pixelmator.zip file and click Choose
- Once the file has been uploaded, Control-click the link that appears below the Choose Files button, and then choose Copy Link
- Include this link in your message to us
You can now move the 4R6749AYRE.com.pixelmator folder and the 4R6749AYRE.com.pixelmator.zip file to the Trash — Pixelmator Pro is reset.
4. Reinstall your brushes, gradients, and other presets
To reinstall your brushes, gradients, and other presets, follow these steps:
- Open Pixelmator Pro to automatically create the deleted folder in the Library, then quit the app again.
- Open the Finder and choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Paste the following path: ~/Library/Group Containers/4R6749AYRE.com.pixelmator/Library/Application Support
- Copy the com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x you saved earlier into the Application Support folder in the Finder – Finder will ask you whether you'd like to Merge or Replace the folder you're pasting. Click Replace.
When you open Pixelmator Pro, your presets should now all be restored.