Learn how to reset Pixelmator and send us the preferences files for investigation.
Find the Pixelmator preferences.
Quit Pixelmator (Pixelmator > Quit Pixelmator). After that, open the Library folder. By default, the Library folder is hidden. To open it, hold down the Option key, and then choose Go > Library within the Finder.
Move Pixelmator preferences to the desktop.
In the Library window, open the Containers folder and locate the files titled "com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator." Select the folder and move it onto the Desktop.
Note: By default the Finder window's View is set to “Icon view.” To switch to the same view as in the screenshot above, click the “Column view” button.
Deleting the com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator folder resets your custom brushes, gradients, and shape presets to default settings. To save the custom content:
1. Open the com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator folder on the desktop.
2. Choose Library > Data > Library > Application Support > Pixelmator.
3. Copy the Pixelmator folder to any other location to save it. You will be able to import them back into Pixelmator later.
Send the Pixelmator preferences for investigation.
Email the com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator folder to us at email@example.com.
If the files are too large to be attached into the email, click (or copy and paste) the following link: http://upload.pixelmator.com. Then, click the Choose Files button, select the files to upload and click Choose.
Note: You'll need to compress the files first in order to be able to upload them to the server. To do that, select the files you'd like to compress, Control-click onto any of them and choose Compress.
When the file finishes uploading, Control-click the link below the Choose File button, and then select Copy Link. Paste the link into the message and email to us.
You can then trash the folder now — Pixelmator is reset.
Reinstall the custom content.
1. Open Pixelmator to automatically create the deleted folder in Library.
2. Repeat step 1 and open Containers > com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.
3. Choose Library > Data > Library > Application Support > Pixelmator and paste the com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator folder you've saved from earlier to replace the newly created one.
You may need to restart Pixelmator to see your brushes, gradients, and other presets.